Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Buttons!

Alright guys. It's been a while. That's partly because I'm quite embarrassed. I have only had time to do one design and it is so bad that it is funny. However, I decided to upload and edit the photo's so that you all can get a good laugh too.



First off, let me point out how LONG my nails have gotten since I've been gone. Holy length! These are the longest they have ever been, and they are probably going to stay this length. I really enjoy having them long. :)


Now on to the amusing part... I decided one day about a month ago that I was going to start a trend. What trend, you may ask? Well, I came up with buttons. I marched over to my nearest craft store and picked up the smallest buttons I could find. They were perfect!....


....Until it came time to attach them to my nails, that is. They were so big and bulky that they looked absolutely ridiculous. I kept hitting them and getting them caught on things around the house. Surprisingly, these things stayed on like I had used super glue or something!


As funny as these turned out, I'll bet this would be super cute with thin and tiny buttons. My search will continue! Unfortunately, these guys didn't even last one day. I took them off that same day because I had an interview the following day. Imagine the looks I would get if I kept those things on.


For this disaster, I used my newly purchased Zoya Kieko. This is only one of the 30 polishes I have bought/ received since Christmas. It is such a beautiful purple. I absolutely love it! Then I used clear polish to attach the buttons (securely) on top.

Oh and good news everyone! That interview I went on turned out very well. It was actually for a job painting little girls' nails for birthday parties at a spa. They just needed a painter and came across my blog thanks to my friend (Shout out to Mandy! You're the best <3). Yeah! So I'm pretty darn excited. There's already a party booked. I have to come up with some simple design to paint fast onto the girls' nails, so I'll probably post the pictures on here to show you guys what I'm brain storming. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.