Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

TIHC Oct 19: Bats

When I think of the word bat, I think of the object I could use to chase my brothers around the house with. That thought inspired my design for today.


If you have younger brothers like I do, then you know that they can be ANNOYING, especially when they are both teenagers. Sometimes you just want to throw something at them! That's why I painted a baseball on my accent nail. It's the best of both worlds. ;)


For this design, I used China Glaze Oxygen for the base color. I used 3-4 coats. For the designs, I used Piggy Polish 6 Impossible Things, China Glaze High Roller, and China Glaze Mahogany Magic.


I hope you guys didn't think I was serious. I love my brothers (even though they CAN be annoying). My actual design for today is way cooler. Bats for me = BATMAN!!!!!!! This is the most excited I've been to do my nails since my last Batman design. Even more so because I finally got a break from studying. I'm smack in the middle of my midterms. I have 3 more next week.. Agh!


I hope these are worth it because of what little time I actually have to paint my nails now.


Instead of using the tradition Batman symbol, I decided to use the symbol that's in the Dark Knight Trilogy. 


(Don't you just love the awkward hand pose above? I had to hold the nail polish bottle upside down and rotate the picture the correct way when I was adding my watermark.)


For this manicure, I used Sinful Colors Secret Admirer for the base. Then I used Essie Marshmallow and Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush. For my accent nail, I used Sinful Colors Kissy for the base. Then I outlined the Batman symbol with Piggy Polish 6 Impossible Things. Then I used Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush and Piggy Polish Lemonade 5¢.


You can find the upcoming nail challenges here.



2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.