Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

TIHC Oct 8: Ghosts

Ghosts are meant to be scary. Let's face it, though. Mine are anything BUT scary. I wanted to take a different approach to today's challenge. I didn't want to do just any old ghost. That's boring! I came up with the idea of making the ghosts from Pacman, and then adding a little twist.


If I was going to do just Pacman nails, I would have done Pacman himself on my thumb. Since I was focusing on the ghosts today, I added the "dead" ghost instead.


I really love how this turned out even though the colors I have aren't the best. I realized that I do not own a cream red or orange, so I was stuck with what I had.


One thing I'm a little upset about is Inky's eye (The light blue ghost). When I put a coat of clear on, it smeared. So much for being careful!


By this point, you're probably wondering what the twist is that I mentioned before. It looks like a typical Pacman design! Did I lie to you?!


I did not! What makes this manicure 10 times more amazing is the fact that the ghosts GLOW IN THE DARK! The best part is that you can't even tell I have glow in the dark polish over the ghosts. If you guys were paying attention, I'm holding the bottle of glow in the dark nail polish in the first couple pictures. I found it Saturday night after I went on a haunted hayride, through a house of terror, and lastly guided my friends and I through a haunted corn maze. It was a pretty good night.


 But pretty neat, huh? I'm in love with these ghosts.


For this manicure, I used Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush for the base.

Ghosts (starting at thumb, left to right)
"Dead" ghost: Piggy Polish Never Mind, I'll Find Someone Like Blue and Sinful Colors Aquamarine
Clyde: Piggy Polish Damsel in This Dress
Inky: China Glaze Aquadelic
Pinky: China Glaze Dance Baby
Blinky: China Glaze High Roller and China Glaze Wicked Style

For the eyes, I used Piggy Polish 6 Impossible Things and Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush

To make them glow in the dark, I used Fantasy Makers Glow in Dark by Wetnwild


As I was looking through everyone else's posts from today's challenge, I realized that I'm not as original as I had thought. A lot of people did Pacman. You should go check them out!

You can view the upcoming challenges here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.