Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

TIHC Oct 5: Water Marble

Today's challenge is water marble! I was a little nervous to do this since I've never tried it before. I was right to be nervous. I redid my nails 4 times and I still didn't get anywhere near what I wanted. At least it kind of looks cool..


Alright, it looks really cool. It just wasn't how I pictured it.


The nail polish I kept using wasn't exactly great for water marbling. It kept separating and let a lot of air pockets in. It still did towards the end, but I had given up by that point and let the bubbles stay.


The look I was going for was to make spider webs out of the marble. You can kind of see it because of the shapes I made, but it didn't turn out well at all according to what was in my head. The two closest are my middle and pointer finger.


For this design, I used Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush for the base, and then used Essie Marshmallow (Fitting, right? :P), and Sinful Colors Secret Admirer.


Maybe I'll have better luck with my next attempt.


You can find a list of all the challenges here.





3 comments:

  1. I love the colors you chose. Water marbling is very finicky! I changed up the polishes I intended to use in mine because they didn't work well in the water either. Your final result looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I kind of like how it turned out even though it wasn't what I had in mind. There's always another day to try again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mixed textures you used for this one - it reminds me of a semi precious gemstone, like agate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.