Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fish Food

I went to a Halloween party the weekend before Hurricane Sandy hit, and I had to do my nails according to my costume. When I was getting ready for the party, I had no idea how I was going to paint my nails, so I decided to modify the design I was already wearing.


The prompt for the challenge I was in was witches, so I was still sporting my witches brew. Since I didn't have much time to come up with anything new, I painted right on top.


For this manicure, I used the watercolor method. Here's a great tutorial from Beauty Geeks.


In order to make it look more like "fish food," I added a flaky glitter on top.


I'm sorry for the bad quality of the pictures and my even worse attempt to paint over the edge of my nail where the polish had already worn off. I was rushed and didn't have time for a real photo shoot or for fixing them. I kinda like how they came out, though. It's so colorful and sparkly. This manicure was perfect for what I was going for and it worked out really well. :)


I'm just going to go over the colors I used for the second part of this manicure. Those were: China Glaze Coconut Kiss, China Glaze Custom Kicks, Sinful Colors Kissy, Sally Hansen Insta- Dri Co-Bolt Blue, and China Glaze Luxe and Lush.


This is me in my costume trying to do a serious pose... It's so bad, it's funny! I crack up every time I see this picture. I hope it makes you all laugh too. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.