Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

TIHC Oct 29: Graveyard

So sorry this took a while to get up! I don't know if you've heard, but a tropical storm named Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast in the United States this past Monday (The day this prompt was due). Well, I live on the East Coast, and my state was hit pretty hard. Millions in my state lost power, and more than a million still don't have it back. My heart goes out to them.

Anyway, better late then never, right?


I originally was trying to polish my nails the night before the hurricane was going to hit, but everything I did turned out awful, so I gave up. Then you know what happened from there..


For this design, I had a hard time coming up with anything. My friend sent me a picture suggesting I do this. It's awesome, right? My nails weren't nearly long enough though, I didn't have glequins, blah blah blah.. So I tried my best with my own version.


I think it turned out alright. I absolutely love the purple I used. It's my favorite shade that I own.


When I first attempted this design, I used a shimmery yellow instead of the silver that I used here. It just looked awful. The yellow and purple clashed so horrendously that I had to redo it. At least it turned out better this time around. Minus the ghosts.. Those were better last time. 


For this design, I used China Glaze Coconut Kiss for the base. The I used Piggy Polish 6 Impossible Things for the ghosts, Sinful Colors Secret Admirer for the tombstones, and Stripe Rite in silver color who's name was torn off from the previous owner.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.