Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

TIHC Oct 31: Recreate your favorite from another challenger

I've been waiting to do this design for a couple of weeks now. Once I saw Somewhere Over the Polish Rainbow come up with it, I knew this was the design I was going to recreate. You can find her version here.


I spent a looong time going through my nail polish collection trying to find colors similar to the ones Shannon used. As it turns out, I don't have nearly as many oranges and reds as I do blues and greens. I had a lot of purple, but none of them sparkled.


That's when I decided to use different colors instead. I know this is part of a Halloween challenge, but I'm posting this in November. I don't think it matters too much anymore, so I hope...


Anyway, I absolutely LOVE how well this turned out. This has to be my most favorite design I've done to date.


I didn't follow Shannon's design too well. My gradient wouldn't blend too well and I made the dots way smaller, closer together, and in even lines. Honestly though, I love it. The idea of the challenge was to recreate, and not copy the manicure, and that's exactly what I did.


For this design, I used a lot of nail polishes. I'll try and make order of them as best as I can.

Base/ Gradient
  • China Glaze Electric Pineapple
  • China Glaze Entourage
  • China Glaze Custom Kicks
Dots starting from the middle
  • Orly Instant Artist 24 K Glitter
  • Piggy Polish Irish I Was Irish
  • Revlon Radiant
  • Sinful Colors Kissy
I hope you enjoy this design as much I do!



2 comments:

  1. This looks really really awesome! I love the colours! They're kind of unusual and are very summery. Reminds me of a tropical vacation or something.

    So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They are pretty tropical, aren't they? I didn't think of that when I made them. I adore blue and green together. I'm glad you like them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.