Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Let it Snow Matte Sandwich Manicure

It's snowing!! Usually that's a good thing, but for New Jersey, this is pretty devastating since we were just hit by a hurricane. Anyway, I'm trying to look on the bright side. I thought I'd set the mood today with a little "frosty" delight.


This is my first ever attempt at a sandwich manicure, and to make it even more exciting, my first time using matte nail polish! You have no idea how excited I was to whip out my "shiny" new matte top coat.



Since I only own one nail polish that has large pieces of glitter in it, I was limited to only that nail polish. The sames goes for my sheer nail polish. So, since my glitter polish was blue, I decided to make it look like I had found a winter wonderland... On my nails!


First, I started off with 2 coats of China Glaze Oxygen. It's a very sheer off-white color that I love using. It's a huge pain in the butt though because it usually takes me 4-5 coats to reach full opacity, which takes a LONG time to dry. So, yeah, I only used 2 coats because I wasn't going for opacity here.


When that dried enough, I put on a generous coat of Revlon Radiant. I didn't glob the glitter on, but I made sure that I had a good amount so that I wouldn't have to do a second coat.


After that dried a bit, I put another coat of the China Glaze Oxygen on top. I made sure this layer was thin so that I could still see the flecks of glitter well. Then to make this look frosty, I topped it off with Hard Candy Matte-ly in Love. And let me tell you, I am in love with it. I was pretty lucky when I got it because it was the LAST ONE IN STOCK! It's a sign that it's meant to be. 


For those of you getting hit by snow in the next couple of days, stay dry and be safe!



1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.