Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

TIHC Oct 30: Trick or Treat!

There were two approaches I could take for this design:
          1. Do a cute design
          2. Do a creepy and disgusting design

I went with 2 ;)


There is nothing cute about blood oozing from my cuticles. Mwahaha!


For this design, I wanted to keep it real simple. I chose a off-white color similar to my skin color, but different enough that you could tell the difference. Then I used my brightest red to simulate the look of blood.


I really love the way it turned out. The first time I did this design, the way I painted on the blood looked weird. I didn't try making it look like slime, so it looked kind of blobby and clumpy.. Not what blood should look like.


For this design, I used 5 costs of China Glaze Oxygen for the base. Since it was such a sheer color and I wanted it opaque, 5 coats were, unfortunately, necessary. Then for the writing and the oozing blood, I used China Glaze High Roller.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.