Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Laser Tape Mani

Helloooo everyone! Today was such a beautiful day that I am in a fantastic mood, and since I'm in this great mood, I thought I'd share with you all my first attempt at a laser tape manicure. After I finished, I realized that it kind of like a laser rasta manicure, kind of like the picture I found below on Google. I totally wasn't going for that.


The reason why I chose the colors I did was because they're all fall-ish, minus the green. But that's the normal color of leaves, right? So that should do..



Anway, I think these look so cool. They turned out surprisingly well for my first time doing this. I can't get over how awesome they are. This has long since left my fingers, so I keep staring at the pictures.


There wasn't any rhyme or reason for the placement of the tape. I stuck it on where ever I felt like putting it!


For this manicure, I started off by free-handing the 4 colors into even stripes on each nail. I used China Glaze Long Kiss, China Glaze Riveting, Piggy Polish Lemonade 5¢, and Piggy Polish Nothing Like You've Ever Green. Some colors required 2 coats (the green and yellow) while the other didn't (the red and orange).


I let that dry completely, placed some of my striping tapein random directions on my nails, and painted over everything with one nice coat of Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush., Then, before I even let the nail polish dry a little bit, I quickly and carefully pulled off the tape. Then I swiped on a coat of quick dry clear to finish off the look.


My favorite nail has to be my pinky. Its turn-out is my favorite by far. I think it's the tape going straight across the tip that makes it so much better than the others. What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.