Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nov 2012: Philip's Caution Tape "Man"icure

Hey everyone! I know it has been a few days, but don't worry! I didn't leave. I've been busy preparing a special treat for you guys. What is that, you may wonder? Well, I'm glad you asked!

Since I started doing nail art and posting it online, I thought it was funny that the word 'man' is in manicure. Is that a coincidence? I like to think not. Then I started wondering if guys actually like getting their nails done, but just don't tell anyone. I've come to the conclusion that very few do. I did, however, find out that there are a handful of guys willing to get their nails done, so long as the evidence is gone before there are any witnesses.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to my once a month special: "MAN"icures! I have rounded up a panel of 5 guys (Hard to believe 5 guys would be willing to do this, right?) who aren't related to me in any way. Now, in order to protect their pride and identities (And let's face it, their egos), I have asked them to pick out aliases. So far, only one has gotten back to me, and he's the one being featured in this post.

Say hello to Philip!!


Now, if you thought doing other girls' nails was challenging, try painting a guy's nails sometime. They ask 20 million questions. "What is that? What are you putting that on my nails? What does that do? Why do you need that? Does it hurt?" etc....


I tried my best to get Philip's nails in decent shape, but those are working hands! Without proper care, there is only so much I can do before the photo shoot. I must say, though, that his nails aren't that bad. Do you see how round his nails are? I didn't do that. I barely brought a nail file near him. They were so perfectly round! I'm so proud :')


In order to keep his dignity in check, I decided to have Philip sport some 'caution tape' across his nails. That's manly, right? I sure hope so, for his sake. Anyway, I kept it real simple. I didn't want to make things real fancy and keep him there for hours. I mean, it was bad enough that I knocked half my bottle of clear all over his hand! I'm such a klutz.. At least he found it funny.


Philip likes Diet Mountain Dew, so I let him hold the can. Actually, I told him to hold it because the nail polish bottle in his hand in the pictures above was so tiny that his hand made it disappear.. A bigger prop was needed. 


For this design, I used 2 colors: Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush and Piggy Polish Lemonade 5¢.

Let me know what you think of this idea! Is it unthinkable? Funny? Appalling? Brilliant? Should I continue this idea in December? I'd love to hear your comments. :)

And a special thanks goes out to Philip for being so cooperative and easy-going with the entire process.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.