Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 3: Strawberry Nails

I was pretty excited to do today's fruit. I LOVE strawberries. They define summer for me. I just can't get enough of them.


So, I thought I'd keep the design simple. I felt that going over the top would ruin the effect I was going for, which was making my nails look good enough to eat. I think I achieved that status with this fruit.


The only problem I ran into this time around was how vibrant my red was. When I was trying to clean up the excess polish from around my nails, it turned my fingers red. It was a mess! Thankfully I got most of it. There are stubborn spots still slightly visible, though.


I tried to get fancy by outlining the leafy part on my ring finger with gold. The green polish I used has so many sparkles in it that you can barely tell. I probably should have gone for a darker green. I still love how it turned out, nonetheless.


 For today's mani, I used China Glaze High Roller as the base. Then I used Zoya Meg, Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush, and Orly Instant Artist 24K Glitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.