Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 1: Watermelon Nails

When I was deciding which fruits to choose for the week long challenge, the very first one that popped into my mind was watermelon, of course!


When I was rummaging through my nail polish collection, I realized that I didn't own any bright pink. I'm not a fan of reds, pinks, oranges, and yellows, so I own mostly cool colors. 


Now, instead of running to the nearest store to buy a bright pink, I remembered that my coworker gave me a few bottles of nail polish that her daughter never used anymore. One was a vibrant, but sheer pink. I decided I would see if layering it over one of my lighter pink shades would suffice, and it did! Look at how gorgeous and bright that pink is.


I'm happy with the way this design turned out. My inner perfectionist is screaming that my lines aren't perfectly straight, though. I know I'll improve in time, but for now, this is the best I can do.


If you take a look at the seeds in the watermelon, it almost seems like they're smiling at you...


For this design, I used China Glaze Dance Baby and Revlon Just Tinted Desire for the base. Then I used Zoya Meg, Sinful Colors Show Me The Way, Piggy Polish 6 Impossible Things, and Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.