Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 4: Orange Nails

Orange you glad I didn't do bananas today? Hahaha. Anyway....

Today's design isn't as complicated or detailed as the others have been, but I still really like it. I think the simplicity of it makes the colors pop more. I realized was I was putting my watermark on the photos that I could have added a bit more detail to the peel (like white dots for texture), but oh well. They're still nice in my opinion!


I didn't have much inspiration, so I decided to look at a few designs. I picked up a few ideas, but didn't really recreate any. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do with an orange wedge.. However, I did notice that no one had taken advantage of using the shape of the base of their nails for the wedge! I found that shocking, so I went with that.


This is my second attempt at this manicure. This first try turned out horrible, and even that is an  understatement. I decided to completely start over and it made such a difference. I really like how well it came together.


I also really like how Halloween-y the colors are. It's really a nice introduction to fall. :)


For his manicure, I used Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush and Piggy Polish Damsel in This Dress as the base colors. Then for the rest of the orange, I used Piggy Polish Lemonade 5 ¢.



On a side note: I've been using my nail polish so much that I have almost all of the colors memorized. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.