Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh BATMAN!

I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE the movies "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight." So naturally, when I heard that "The Dark Knight Rises" was coming out in July, I had a mini freak out. I was so excited and just had to do something special to announce that the movie was coming out.

The day before opening night, I decided that I would do some Batman themed nails. This is the most excited I have even been to do my nails. Let me tell you though, the process was awful. I didn't have the right tools for the complicated freehand design that I wanted to do, so it only ended in frustration (and my right hand sporting sloppy versions because I became fed up after a few hours of failure).

The pictures below are my 2nd attempt at EVERY SINGLE NAIL. That's right. I did each one over. I still wasn't satisfied with the 2nd attempt, but went with it because I knew any other attempt would turn out the same.

                                 


Now, if you didn't notice before, you'll see that the bats are outlined in blue. Not really, but it looks that way. It was absolutely impossible to freehand each bat 3 times on each hand with my nail polish, so I used the only other available tool I could think of: A sharpie. The only thin tip sharpie I own happens to be blue, and when I used the nail polish to "color in the lines," the sharpie bled. And it bled bad.

Personally, I liked my design. I'm not a fan of how it turned out, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.