Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 5: Peach Mango Smoothie

You're probably wondering why I named my post after 2 fruits and then called it a smoothie. Well, today I had peaches planned. I had a really cool idea to try, but I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. Gradient peaches! Well, when I finished my nails, I asked my brothers to guess what fruit I had done. They both guessed mangoes.  I was up in arms. They were peaches! There wasn't any green in them!!! Then after looking at them for a while, I realized that they could pass as both peaches AND mangoes. I guess that's cool. Then I called it a smoothie because of the way all of the colors are swirled together. Yum. :)


Peaches are my absolute favorite fruit. I can't get enough of them! That may be why I love this design so much.


When I looked on Google for inspiration, I quickly found out that no one has ever made peach (or mango) nails. What a shame! Peaches definitely deserve some time in the spotlight. Mangoes too, I guess.


You're probably wondering how I even made these peaches. I'll be honest, I took the difficult route. Instead of searching for a round sponge of some sort, I took a makeup sponge and tried to cut a shape as close to a circle as I could. That only took forever, and it wasn't even circular.


I decided that I would attempt to transfer the terrible circle shape to my nails and see where I could go from there. So I sponged it on and it looked really weird. I did another layer and tried to overlap a bunch of the colors, but it still looked pretty bad. I took one of my brushes and painted the light blue all around to make the edges sharper. That did the trick. I then added some stems and leaves and voilá! Peach mango things were born.. Haha.


 When I figure out a better way to make these nails, I will be sure to make a tutorial for them. That would be a lot of fun to do, and I certainly wouldn't mind having delicious peaches on my fingers again. And hopefully I'll be able to get better pictures of my nails. I'll admit that these pictures aren't the best. I'm trying with what I have, though. I was going to take some more pictures when I woke up, but it was dark and rainy, so hopefully next time.


The colors I used for this were:
Base
China Glaze Aquadelic

Peaches
Piggy Polish 6 Impossible Things
Piggy Polish Damsel in This Dress
Piggy Polish Lemonade 5 ¢
China Glaze Dress Me Up
China Glaze Riveting
China Glaze Long Kiss

Stem
China Glaze Mahogany Magic

Leaves
China Glaze Entourage
(I really didn't like how light the green turned out to be, so I added some
Zoya Meg right on top. It turned out perfect!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.