Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mermaid Glitter

As of late, I am OBSESSED with glitter. My obsession comes to a halt when it comes to removing the mess from my nails, though. Anyone who has used glitter can agree with me on that.

This design is one I saw on a fellow blogger's website that I just had to try, found on The Nailasaurus's blog. Usually when I try a design I've seen somewhere, I make alterations so that it's not the same. I loved the colors she used so much though that I decided to use them anyway.



Unfortunately, not only are the pictures blurry and the lighting awful, I couldn't pull the design off as well as Nailasaurus did. The reason may be that she used an actual gold glitter nail polish while I found different sized glitters and mixed them into a light pearly sheen pink polish that I already had. That made the consistency dense and gloopy, and it became even worse after a few minutes because I had to mix the polish and glitter together on a piece of waxed paper... Yikes. Maybe I'll have better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.