Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 6: Grape Nails

Whew! I'm relieved that I made it before midnight. I promise I didn't forget. I wasn't supposed to work tonight but ended up filling in for one of my coworkers. I had enough time to paint and take pictures of my nails before work, but not enough time to upload them and make my post.

Anyway, welcome to fall! I've been doing mainly summer fruits because, let's face it, there aren't a lot of fall fruits. I'm glad I finally made it to them, though.


I absolutely love how I chose to do my nails, but I did make one obvious mistake. I didn't think about which way I was going to photograph them, so I painted the grapes upside down. Oops... That's what happens when I'm in a rush, I guess.


At least they look good sideways, right? :P


My favorite nail is the accent nail on my ring finger. Grapes are nice, but I am pretty obsessed with polka dots. I think that finger turned out pretty awesome.


The idea for these nails came from all the different colors of grapes there are. I think I covered all of them!


For this manicure, I used China Glaze Gothic Lolita for the base of 4 of my nails and some of the dots on my accent finger. I used China Glaze Oxygen for the ring finger base color and the "white" grapes. The rest of the colors are China Glaze High Roller, China Glaze Urban-Night, China Glaze Entourage, and China Glaze Mahogany Magic. The stems of the grapes were originally brown, but the color didn't show up too well against the purple, so I used Zoya Meg to really make it pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.