Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

12DoC Dec 2: Christmas Tree

A day late isn't so bad considering I found out about this challenge a few hours ago, right? Talk about a little too much free time today. Kidding. I still have homework to be done. It'll just be done later.


In order to get this design up in time, I had to brainstorm fast. I found this challenge a few minutes before I had to leave to go to my running club. Talk about a time crunch! So while I was running along earlier, I decided that I really wanted to use some polishes from the OPI James Bond collection that I got a few weeks ago. There is this gorgeous red in there.. Just look at it!



And what color goes better with red than gold? It was a match made in heaven. Since I decided to use these 2 colors, I stayed away from a traditional Christmas tree design and kept it simple. I tried to keep the design clean too, but the loose sparkles in the formula made it look a little sloppy (or it might have been my freehand strokes :P).


I'm pleased with how this turned out, even though my pictures didn't catch how good they look in person. I think my camera freaked out when it saw all that sparkle. Hey, at least I'm not the only one getting excited over sparkles. Haha.


For this design, I started off with one coat of China Glaze Long Kiss. Then I added one layer of OPI The Spy Who Loved Me. I did this because The Spy Who Loved Me was such a bright red on its own and I wanted a deeper red that sparkled. Layering Long Kiss underneath made the perfect shade, no mixing necessary! For the trees and the stars, I used OPI Goldeneye. And for the little dots on top of the trees, I used Piggy Polish Irish I was Irish.


For a list of the upcoming challenges, go here.

Be sure to add your link below if you are joining in!



3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.