Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Take Two Day 1: Inspired by a band


GUESS WHAT! NAIL PICTURES ARE BACK!!! I'm so excited. You guys have no idea. My software arrived a couple hours ago. I installed it, tried it out, and LOVE it. You might be wondering what exactly I'm talking about.

Well, since my Photoshop Trial expired, I've been looking for new photo editing software. I only tried the free ones and hated them all with a passion. I looked up how much Photoshop was and almost had a heart attack when I saw that it was around $600. No way was I getting that. So I did a little research and came across a Photoshop product that I had never heard of. It's called Photoshop Elements 11. Basically, it has about 90% of Photoshop's functions, but it's sooo much cheaper. It doesn't have all of the fancy extras and it looks different than Photoshop, but it only cost me $50. It's definitely worth it. It has all of the features that I use and it's just as easy to maneuver. I consider this a success! Here's a picture of it:


I'll stop yapping about my software and get to the reason why everyone is here. My nails! :D



Some of you may be wondering who the heck Enter Shikari is, if you can actually read my writing. Haha. Well, they are a band. I promise.


Enter Shikari has recently stolen the spot as my favorite band, and I've been waiting impatiently to do this design. I had to do them justice! I really enjoy doing nails that mean something to me, and these definitely do.


Now before you go and listen to them, let me warn you. They do use some language in their lyrics... In British accents. Yes, they're a fantastically awesome British band. If you ask me what genre they're in, I couldn't tell you. They're a whole bunch mixed together. They're not as popular here in the US as they are in the UK, but they're getting there. I went to their first ever sold out show in NYC. They all went to a bar after to celebrate and hang out with everyone, but I wasn't 21, so I couldn't get in. I was pretty upset, but I'm totally over it now. Right? I'm so clearly over it..


The design I have on my thumb is their logo for their UK tour in 2012 for their recent album release. It's cool, right? I love it.


I'm really happy how well this entire manicure turned out. I didn't spend a terrible amount of time on it, but it seemed to take forever to dry between layers. I REALLY didn't want to smear any of it, so I let the designs dry for at least 20 minutes before I put a quick dry clear coat on. A little paranoid, but hey, IT WORKED.


For this design, I used only a few nail polishes, surprisingly. For the base, I used Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush. For the glitter, I used Fantasy Makers Once Upon a Time. For the white stripes on my accent fingers and the globe on my thumb, I used China Glaze Oxygen. For the writing on my accent fingers and the upside- down triangle on my thumb, I used China Glaze High Roller. And finally, for the detailing around the globe, I used Piggy Polish 6 Impossible Things.

Here are a couple reference photos I found on Google:





And HERE is a link to one of my favorite songs by them. If you don't like the song, then hopefully you'll like the name of the song.

Add your link if you're joining in!



6 comments:

  1. Wow I really that band - love finding out about new music. Your nails look awesome! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did really well with the writing - I'm terrible at that! Awesome nails :) And I'm so keen on getting photoshop elements - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might do a quick review posts about Elements soon, but I think you'll like it. It takes some getting used to, but after a few hours, you'll be zipping around in no time. :)

      Delete
  3. These are awesome Kaitlyn! And the band. This is like music for people with ADD. it changes so much haha. I like it though. Must be the ADD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thanks. I love this band, but I don't have ADD, so I must be crazy. :P

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.