Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Take Two Day 9: Inspired by your location

For those of you who live around here, you'll know what I'm talking about. For those of you who don't, let me explain. Now for those of you who are nosy, you have probably seen that I live in New Jersey. Naturally when people think of New Jersey, they think of the Jersey Shore. I actually thought about doing this on my nails, but after Hurricane Sandy tore through, I don't think I can. So instead, I decided to do New York City.



Even though I live in New Jersey, I live so much closer to New York City than I do the Jersey Shore, so it would make sense for me to choose NYC.


I'm actually super happy with how this manicure turned out. I just wish the picture captured the way these look in person. The background is slightly darker and the glitter really sparkles. It's so pretty. I even added glitter to the windows of all of the buildings to try and simulate how colorful the NYC skyline is at night. My attempt is quite awful compared to how beautiful it actually is. Just look at this picture I found on Google.


My nails can't even compare to that! If I had days, I could have tried.


If you look, you'll see that I painted 3 of the most well known towers in NYC: The Empire State Building, and the Twin Towers. It's really sad that the twin towers will never be on the NYC sky line. They honestly made it look 20 times better (but that's just my opinion).


For this manicure, I used a lot of nail polishes. For the base, I started off with one coat of Sally Hansen Insta- Dri Co- Bolt Blue. Then I sponged on China Glaze Custom Kicks, Gothic Lolita, Secret Peri-wink-le, and Sinful Colors Aquamarine. I painted the building in Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush. For the windows in the buildings, the clouds, and NYC, I used Essie Marshmallow. For the heart and the glitter lights in the buildings, I used OPI Goldeneye and The Spy Who Loved Me.


Be sure to add your link below if you are joining in!







2 comments:

  1. I love your NYC nails, they are really cool! :) By the way, I nominated your blog for a Liebster Award, you can see details here: http://www.chopsueynails.com/2012/12/thank-you-i-have-been-nominated-for.html Suey xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.