Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Take Two Day 3: Inspired by Your Country

I live in the US, so the first thing I thought of (unfortunately) was hot dogs. Why? For some reason, I have it in my head that people from other countries see us Americans as fatties with Southern accents eating hot dogs. Yeah... I couldn't tell you where I came up with that from. Anyway  I wasn't about to paint hot dogs all over my nails. I don't even like them! So I tried to think of something annoying that is trending in my country. Hence, the YOLO nails were born..



For those of you not familiar with this saying, YOLO stands for "You only live once." Some people here in America like using it as an excuse to do stupid things.


The saying "You only live once" has been around for a long time. Only recently has the singer Drake popularized the abbreviation for it in his song The Motto. (This is the clean version). Thus, YOLO was born.


YOLO has been a monster from the beginning. It is an overused abbreviation that gets almost as annoying as the word "swag," but that's another story.


My reason for including the hash-tag on the thumb is because Twitter is (in my opinion) where the saying appears the most. 


In order to make my nails as annoying as the saying itself, I used to brightest and most obnoxious colors I own. For the base, I used China Glaze Wicked Style. It is the brightest neon pink I have ever seen, but for some reason it looks coral in the pictures. I like the color coral. I can live with that! And for the #YOLO, I used China Glaze Electric Pineapple. I really wanted to use yellow, but I only own one shimmer yellow nail polish, so I used a pale green instead. And of course, it actually looks yellow in the pictures. I feel like I made some optical illusion with these photos!


You can find a list of the upcoming challenges here.

Be sure to add your link below if you are joining in!



5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I just hope Drake doesn't see me ripping on his abbreviation. :P

      Delete
  2. That is funny as, awesome looking nails too! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was hoping I came across as being funny and not a sore sport about it. Haha.

      Delete
  3. Haha! I hat that saying too, along with most abbreviations. I like you nails though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.