Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Take Two Day 7: Black and White

I did it again. I reserved a post so that I could have the date match up with the day of the challenge. Hey, I like it when things are orderly! Anyway, after a long, long night of doing and redoing my nails, I finally came up with a simple, yet elegant design that I'm really quite fond of. By the time it came time to take pictures, my cuticles were screaming, so I moisturized them as I slept. :P Anyway, I hope you like them as much as I do! 




This design kind of reminds me of a Piet Mondrian painting minus the random colors thrown in. I just love how simple it is, and I'm really loving how I mixed up my accent fingers.


As cool as this design is, I'm really glad I don't have to do this again. I don't have a problem with the design at all. I'm just not a fan of ONLY black and white. I love color, so this was really hard for me. My boyfriend will probably like it though, because he can't see colors. I'm awful and tease him all the time for it. Haha.


For this design, I used Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush and Essie Marshmallow. I'm really surprised at how opaque the white turned out because it's such a sheer white. I'm very happy with it.


Be sure to add your link below if you're joining in!






2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful mani, I can understand you prefer other colours, but in my opinion this is a wonderful look very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really awesome! I love the effect of the stripes and also impressed by the essie polish. It looks great :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.