Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Take Two Day 2: Flag Nails

Today, I chose a flag that's not as close to my heart as I would like it to be. For those of you who don't know, I'm a redhead, so you'd think I'm hard core Irish. Well, I am Irish, but my family doesn't celebrate anything to do with the Irish culture. I've been taking it upon myself lately to learn a bit more about their culture and history lately, but I haven't gotten very far yet. I do have an unbelievable craving for Irish soda bread, though. :P



I kept this design real simple. I didn't want to try anything too fancy. I'm really happy with how well it turned out. I was afraid that the colors I chose wouldn't look very well together.



In order to get my lines so straight, I used some of the striping tape that I have. I've had some really bad experiences with scotch tape in the past, so I prefer no to use it. That's the reason why I free hand so many of my designs. I like to pretend that I'm just getting practice making straight lines, but designs look so much prettier with clean, pristine lines. 


Now all I have to work on is my spacing! They aren't very even. Well, hey, I tried!


I like to call this design the "Piggy Polish Edition" because I used all Piggy polish. For the base, I started off with Piggy Polish 6 Impossible Things. Then I used my striping tape and put one thick coat of both Piggy Polish Damsel in This Dress and Like Nothing You've Ever Green. I like their names. Piggy Polish always manages to make them witty.


Now, the last picture is a little blooper. I let my nails dry for about 3 hours. When I went to get ready for bed, I flossed my teeth. I guess 3 hours wasn't enough for it to dry properly, because the floss went right through it!


Be sure to add your link if you are joining in!





4 comments:

  1. They look awesome - colours look great and I reckon your stripes are fab :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they're perfect! Sucks about the floss - believe me, I know how you feel... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo, a fellow flosser! Now I don't feel as nerdy. :P

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.