Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

12DoC Dec 7: Candy Cane

I was so excited for this challenge! I've always wanted to make candy cane nails because they look like so much fun.


As much as I love free-handing my designs, I really wanted the crisp, clean lines to pop in this design, and they couldn't do that if they were sloppily free-handed on. Anyway, I thought it would be cool to show you guys just how much striping tape I used to get these stripes. It looks like chaos!



Thankfully, it turned out pretty well. I'm so happy with this design! I like it so much that I couldn't bring myself to take it off before work. Because it took me so long to do my left hand, I didn't have time to do my right hand. I had to paint the other pure red so that I don't look like a complete fool when I get to work in 20 minutes.


The only thing I am not extremely happy about is my green color choice  I'll admit, it looks super awesome in person. In the pictures, though? It just doesn't mesh with how solid the red is. Oh well. I still like the sparkle it gives off!


For this manicure, I started off with 2 coats of Piggy Polish 6 Impossible Things. Then I placed my striping tape on my fingers and used China Glaze High Roller, Piggy Polish Irish I Was Irish, and Stripe Rite in Silver.


Let me know what you think! Be sure to add your link below if you are joining in.



3 comments:

  1. love the touch of silver color, well done :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sooo cute! Really like the silver. Makes it stand out! See you day 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning! You did awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.