Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Take Two Day 6: Animal Print

I'm back on track! So the deal with last night was that I was preparing for my speech class today. All went well, thankfully!


So for today's animal print, I couldn't decide what to do. I typed "animals" into Google and found this gem. They looked so cool that I had to try and recreate them!



For this manicure, I thought I'd take pictures of everything while I was doing them! The first thing I did was take two hole reinforcers and place them on top of two coats of China Glaze Aquadelic. I took a make up sponge and lightly dabbed on a combination of China Glaze High Roller, China Glaze Seduce Me, and Essie Marshmallow.

Then I removed the reinforcers and added some details with Essie Marshmallow and Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush. I then took some striping tape and placed them evenly across my nail.


I then used Sinful Colors Aquamarine and Sally Hansen Insta- Dri Co- Bolt Blue for a cool gradient effect. While the nail polish was still wet, I removed the striping tape quickly and precisely.


On the two fingers with the frog eyes, I took some China Glaze Entourage and sponged it onto the outer edges of both nails.


When I was done with that, I took the China Glaze Aquadelic to soften the edges of the gradient stripes. It's hard to see in this picture, but it made a bit of a difference in person.


Then for my thumb, I made four dots using Piggy Polish Damsel in This Dress. I connected the dots and made an arm for the frog. I then made the lines thicker and rounded off all of the edges using a brush.


To add detail to the frog arm, I used China Glaze Seduce Me  and Essie Marshmallow.


Overall, I like this manicure, but I'm not very thrilled about it. I just feel like there is a lot going on and they don't go together very well. Maybe you'll like this design better than me!

Be sure to add your link below if you are joining in!



5 comments:

  1. These are awesome!!! I nominated you for a Liebster award.... wont post the link here but if you'd like to check it out, its the one Titled Liebster Award round 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you! I just checked it out and I'll make a post soon. I can't guarantee that I know 10 people under 200 just yet, though. Haha.

      Delete
  2. This is so stunning! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm really glad that someone likes it. :)

      Delete
  3. This is a really awesome manicure, I love it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.