Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Take Two Day 4: Flowers

Oh boy guys. Today was far from fantastic, and it didn't help that today's challenge scared me slightly. I was always horrible at drawing flowers when I was younger, and then I found out that I had to paint them on my nails?! Well, good news. I figured out a solution!



And that was to make sloppy flowers! Since the thought of doing flowers on every nail scared me, I kept the design to my accent fingers. And you know what? I kind of like it.


With great designs come great consequences. You see that bottle I'm holding in my hands above? That bottle... Oh that damn bottle! It decided to take a diving leap from my bathroom counter today. The best part? The lid was unscrewed because I was in the process of using it.


So picture me with my nails half painted and wet, with fast drying nail polish aaaallll over the floor. I panicked. I ran and got rubbing alcohol and tried my best with one hand to get it all off. I succeeded for the most part.. Watch this be the first post my dad decides to read. Hoo ha. My grandma is going to read this eventually, though. She follows my blog! :) Grandma, this message is for you; Don't tell dad! I cleaned up my mess. I promise! He doesn't need to know!


Anyway, you guys are probably more interested in the technique I used for this. What I did was outline the flower with the dark blue, and then I added white while it was still wet and half mixed/ dragged the nail polish around until it turned the color I wanted. Then I added a bit more pure white in the middle.


For this design, I used China Glaze Aquadelic for the base. I absolutely love this blue. It has to be my favorite nail polish out of my entire collection. Then for the oultine of the flower, I used Sally Hansen Insta- Dry Co- Bolt Blue. Then I used Piggy Polish 6 Impossible Things to mix around and finish off the middle of the flower.

You can find a list of the upcoming prompts here.

Be sure to add your link below if you are joining in!



5 comments:

  1. What Daddy doesn't know won't kill him. ;) I love the mixing technique, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope it stays that way.. And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool technique, I will definitely try it some time, looks great :) Damn about your mess! I did that a few weeks ago, but luckily with top coat! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks! Saying that you want to try what I did really means a lot to me. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh I love it! Reminds me of tie dye or ikat or something.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love each and every one.

Please avoid link dropping and spamming. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel violate this policy.